Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
ee cummings 1952

Cummings echoes Easter in his words.

here is the deepest secret everyone knows
roots feed on it and buds hold its promise
it is the wonder that spangles the sky and cradles the soul

Jesus whispers it from the cross
dances it across the garden
breathes it to his beloveds

i carry your heart(I carry it in my heart)

here is the deepest secret at the heart of life
it breaks the bonds of sin and death
it removes guilt as far as east is from west
now and forever more, the one from whom life comes
smiles and knows

i carry your heart(I carry it in my heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment